Wednesday, March 10, 2010

469 Communities in Orkut with word 'loksatta'


After searching for word 'loksatta' I found
  • 469 communities with word 'loksatta' in it.
  • Number of people in official community is much less than other 3 major communities.
From this I get the following questions.
  1. Why there are two communities with JP name?
  2. Why there are two communities with "Loksatta - Peoples Power" name?
  3. Are people more interested in JP rather than Loksatta?
  4. Do we need to assume that those supporters of JP do not want to support Loksatta?
  5. Do those community owners know that there is an official community?
  6. Do official community owner talked with them and failed to mobilize them to official community?
Now, it is not just me who gets these questions. I think this kind of parallel 'reinvention of wheel' damages parties image among people. They will feel that there is no central co-ordination. No one is in control. And that idea is very frightening for me.

So can we do some thing about it? What do you think? I can take initiative in combining these communities. But should we do that?

2 comments:

Bala Muppala said...

Others like Sirisha made some efforts less than a year ago, to bring all under one community. I can not say how much it was successful. But what I can say is better don't put any more efforts now in this direction.
many numbers in these similar forums are built because of dummy / duplicate / inactive members. So they look huge compared to official forum.

Rajesh Akkineni said...

Hi Bala,

As of now I am not working on that direction. I would like to talk to Sirisha ji before I decide to work or not.

Main point here is the 'confusion' created new people. And I think in long term it costs more if we continue to allow this to happen. Anyway we should have a cost & benefit analysis before we do anything.