Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why we need a new portal?

Note: Please read previous posts before reading it. Otherwise you will not get the point.

Till now I have tried to explain the positive points of using the new portal without commenting anything about the present system. But for to really understand the benefit of new portal we need to talk about the present problems also. And in this article I will talk about some of those things I came across.

  • Lack of information
  • Diluted communication channels
  • Cost of organization
  • No concentration on improving membership

Lack of Information


Here are some of the examples of information that is missing.

(When I said missing, they are missing from website. And when some thing is not in website, I believe that it is of no use to have it in some office some where in loksatta office)

  • Who manages party website?
  • Who has authorized those people? And till when they will be in command?
  • When will party internal elections be conducted?
  • What are different roles in the party? Who selection them?
  • What is the status of my friends executive member application?
  • I have talked to some people in Orkut Community. They are dedicated party members. And I respect them. But who are they? I mean what is their role in the party?
  • Till now how many executive members joined in the party?
  • What happened to all the money collected?
  • How much we spent for advertisements till now?
  • How many offices does the party have? And who is paying for the rent?
  • What are the reasons for giving tickets to those specific people?
  • I am a Doctor, I want to setup help Loksatta in Medical Camps. Whom should I contact?
  • How do I get to know what you have decided in all your internal meetings? How do you prevent wastage of time and efforts?
  • How many executive members are there in my area?
  • What are the activities that we being done in a particular division/district?
  • When will be next meeting regarding RTI?

Diluted communication channels


  • Why we need to discuss party IT policy in Orcut Community?
  • How will members in other Communities will get to know what we are talking in Orkut?
  • Why party is not treating Website as a communication channel?
  • How will you preserve the command in other communities?

Cost of organization


As I am not aware of the present costs(As they are not made public) I can not compare. But I am sure that the cost of Organization will greatly reduce if we have a centralized portal.


No concentration on improving membership


Other than creating a nice form to register, I really do not see any thing we are doing to make people register. I have been talking to more than 10 people since last one month. I am trying to make then join. Surprisingly half of them would have joined long back if their doubts are cleared.

No comments: